There are some ways to obtain a visa to Vietnam for citizens in other countries. Foreigners want to get Vietnam visa, they must apply visa through Vietnam Embassy, and one easy way to get one visa is that they must complete the application form. There are four steps as following:
STEP 1: Fill in your personal information as follows:
· Full name (as shown in your passport)
· Date of birth
· Passport No. (Valid at least six months)
· Date of arrival
· Length of stay: 1 month (stay up to 30 days) or 3 months (stay up to 90 days).
· Number of entries: single (exit and enter one time) or multiple (exit and enter Vietnam more than one) (during the mentioned period of time)
· Type of visa: visa on arrival (pick up visa at arrival airport/ for traveling by air ONLY)
· Rush service: Urgent (1 working day to process your visa approval letter) or Normal (2 or 3 working days to process visa approval letter)
· Flight reference: Booked (noted your flight time and number if any) or Not booked yet
· Port of arrival: Noi Bai (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City) or Danang (to pick up your visa)
(or, you can download the application)
STEP 2: Confirm and pay
After fulfilling all above information, you will be confirmed the information for processing your visa and pay the service fee. Noticeably, there’s a lot of information and you should read payment guidelines before paying the service fee.
STEP 3: Get your visa approval letter
If the case of urgent, within 1 working day, you will get “visa approval letter” and in normal case, about 2-3 days you can get “visa approval letter”. You have to go to Vietnam international airport to pick up your visa. It is noticeable that you just have to print it out and bring it with you to Vietnam arrival airport.
STEP 4: Get the stamp (for your visa)
To get visa stamp, it is obliged for you to bring “Visa approval letter ", passport, 2 photos, "exit and entry form” ", and stamping fee. In particular, Visa approval letter must be showed two times. At first, when you check in to the airlines in your own country, and secondly when you get visa stamp to the Immigration officer at Vietnam’s airport. You should read thoroughly the guidelines and other necessary requirements.
Note: Please remember to bring along two photos. Following is the list of regulations regarding passport-style photographs:
· Photographs must be passport-sized, identical, taken within the past 6 months.
· The image size from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head should be between 1 inch and 13/8 inches.
· The photographs may be in color or black and white.
· They must be full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background.
· Photographs should be taken in normal street attire, without a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
· Uniforms should not be worn in photographs with the exception of religious attire which is worn daily.
· If prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles are normally and consistently worn, they should be worn when the picture is taken.
· Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required to support the wearing of such glasses in the photographs.